TERMS + CONDITIONS
At Halcyon we have a commitment to peace of mind. Your peace of mind starts with these clear and defined terms and conditions. We operate using the strictest best-practices for travel businesses, payment processing, and insurance. Let us know if you have any questions
- Final Payment
- Payment Methods
- Reservations Process
- Limitations of Liability
- Flexible Itinerary Changes
- Traveler Agreement
We require €1000 deposit per person to reserve a tailor made tour, or €650 per person for fixed departure group tours. Once this deposit has been made, the terms and conditions, including the cancellation policy, are active. This means the tour price has been fixed, as well as the payment plan and services promised. Because most of our clients book many months in advance and may require flexibility to request additional services, the booking deposit may be credited towards a new reservation, in which case a confirmation document will be communicated to ensure full transparency of the services agreed upon.
2. Final Payment
The full payment balance is due 90 days prior to the Tour departure date. Bookings made for departures under 90 days require a full payment at the time of booking.
The price quotes for your tour are set when you agree to the travel documents sent you by making your deposit. Pricing on our website is usually quoted from previous tours, based on double occupancy. Our cancellation policy covers drastic fluctuations in currency exchange rates to protect our business. Should these drastic (15% or more) changes occur between your deposit payment and departure date, you will have the choice to make additional payments to cover the difference, or cancel the trip. This type of event is extremely rare, and unforseen for the destinations we cover. You may join or leave your tour at any time, however there are no price reductions offered for arriving late or departing early from a Tour.
4. Payment Methods
Payments must be in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling, or Brazilian Real. and can be made by Wire, Visa, Master Card, American Express or Discover. Please discuss your preferred payment method with us. Price quotes in each currency are valid for 72h, and payments must be made within this timeframe.
5. Reservations Process
Once you receive our booking request form, by email or fax, containing the full tour details as well as the cancellation policy, terms and conditions, and the price quote in your desired currency, we will await your deposit. When we receive your deposit, we will send you a confirmation invoice, as well as an order form. The order form, containing all the necessary information we need to prepare your tour, must be completed and returned to us within 10 business days to complete your booking.
Once your deposit has been received, we will send you a confirmation invoice and Reservation Form. The Reservation Form must be completed, signed and returned within 10 days of deposit to finalize your trip. Clients who do sign the Release of Liability included in this form prior to the trip departure will not be allowed to join the trip and the cancellation policy will apply.
Our cancellation policy is as follow, and is applicable to all bookings unless specified in your tour documents. We think Halcyon provides the most flexible cancellation policy in the tailor-made tour business, and we’re proud of it:
|Days to Departure||61+||31-60||0-30|
|Cancellation Fee||€1000 per person *||60% of trip price*||100% of trip price*|
|Fulfilled Booking Fee||€500||€500||€500|
*Unless we can find a different traveller. If we are able to fill your spot for similar amounts and services, we will only charge a €500 one-time fulfilled booking fee to transfer the booking. If you can’t go, but know someone who can, we see no reason why you should lose your money. Our cancellation Policy reflects our commitment to you.
- The Release of Liability must be signed and returned to us before the departure date, otherwise the cancellation policy will be enforced.
- The trip price is always tied to a list of Includes and Excluded, ensure that you understand what is is included before making any payments. Includes are contractually binding, excludes are not, and are provided solely for added transparency.
- Halcyon is not responsible for any personal expenses incurred during your travel outside our tour. Please buy travel insurance.
- Halcyon Tours Ltd. reserves the right to cancel any trip at any time for any reason. We’ve never had to cancel a tour, but must allow for that possibility. A full refund, covered by our Liability Insurance, will be provided to you in such case.
- Each Tailor Made Tour is subject to specific terms and conditions, based on this policy and adapted to your condition, as outlined in the tour documents sent.
7. Limitations of Liability
All terms are outlined in your signed release of liability. Halcyon is not liable for bodily injury or property damage as a result of (but not limited to): collisions with bicycles,pedestrians or automobiles; forces of nature; physical exertion for which you are not prepared or unwilling to recognise; road conditions including or not limited to roadway surfaces, a lack of shoulder, affects of weather conditions; travel by plane, train, auto, boat, or other conveyance, or by bicycle, ski, horseback, foot, or other form of active or adventure travel; consumption of alcoholic beverages; civil unrest; terrorism; breakdown of equipment; high altitude; lack of or limited access to medical attention in remote locations; and the adequacy of medical attention once provided. Halcyon is also not liable for: expenses (e.g., meals, transportation, or hotel costs) that are not specified as included in the trip cost but may be required to get to or from a trip start or end. Halcyon reserves the right to make route and hotel modifications as necessary to improve the quality of a trip or to accommodate the comfort of guests. Guests grant Halcyon express permission to take photographs or film records of its trips for promotional and commercial use, without remuneration. The guest agrees to assign all right, title and interest they may have in or to any media in which their name or likeness might be used to Halcyon. Also guests agree that Halcyon may use any testimonials regarding services rendered for promotional and/or commercial purposes without any remuneration, as long as their full name is not revealed. Halcyon photography within www.halcyontours.com is copyrighted by Halcyon and may not be reproduced without permission except under fair use conditions.
8. Flexible Itinerary Changes
Should situations arise during your tour which require us to alter services in order to maintain our commitment to quality, Halcyon reserves the right to do so. We will only make justifiable changes as per the decision of guides, and changes which you approve of during the tour.
9. Traveler Agreement
By paying your deposit and completing your order form, you agree to comply to the following Agreement:
- I am aware of the activities included in this tour and they are within my heath abilities.
- I do not have any physical or mental conditions or disabilities that are a hazard to me or other travelers.
- I understand that weather conditions are out of Halcyon’s control.
- I will not wear headphones when riding a bicycle and I will drink alcohol responsibly.
- I have a valid passport and all visas, permits, certificates, and vaccinations required for travel.
- I will make sure to communicate any special requests at least 60 days prior to travel. This includes dietary restrictions, medical requirements and room preferences. I also understand that Halcyon will do all it can to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee they will be possible.
- I will respect the laws and customs of countries visited on tour.
- I will conduct myself respectfully with other travellers on the tour.
- I understand that when travelling with a group, individual compromise must be made to accommodate diverse desires, travel goals, personalities, and physical abilities. Halcyon guides may be required to improvise and exercise good faith, use discretion and/or make decisions based upon group consensus or their own judgement. Such decisions may not always please each individual, but are intended to satisfy the desires of the group as a whole.
- I understand that Halcyon reserves the right to refuse service during a tour to anyone whose health or behavior could impede the welfare or enjoyment of fellow guests. An individual may be asked to leave a trip if the leader feels that the person’s continuing participation may prove detrimental to the individual or the group.
- I understand that some itineraries are in rural locations, where access to medical facilities and evacuation services may take some time. Always communicate the state of your health to your guides if you believe it may be necessary to request medical attention.
Children are welcome on Tour as long as they are with legal guardians, as mandated by laws of the countries we travel in. We love to have Families on Tour and will accomodate your travel plans fully.